Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Etude House Honey Cera Priming Eye Serum (Review)


The Honey Cera Priming Eye Serum has a cooling metal tip applicator, that can be used to massage and de-puff the eye area. It should be used before eye cream.

I tried using it on it's own - without adding eye cream on top - but it really dried out my eye area. Well, that is why it is called "priming", it is like a primer underneath a heavier eye cream.
It contains beneficial ingredients like niacinamide, honey, ceramide 3 and royal jelly (full ingredients list).
I am not a fan of the squeeze tube. Now that I have been using it for quite a while, it is getting harder to squeeze out the product. Also, product is being sucked back in if you release it again, which is a bit unhygienic.


In the morning, when my eyes are still swollen and look sleepy, I can give myself a nice massage with this. If I am going around in circles around my eye, it requires a lot of product, since I don't want to pull or drag it around dry skin. So I end up using a lot each time, and this tiny tube only contains 20ml.
I have very dark circles and after using this for some weeks I saw no improvement. So I bought a new serum to specifically target my dark circles.
I don't think I will buy this product again, even with the nice ingredients, it is just not good enough. And the fact that I cannot use it without eye cream on top just makes it even more useless. Also the packaging and applicator are not the most convenient. I just think there are lots of better products available.
For anti-aging I would rather use something with retinol or peptides, and for dark circles it might help to try more products with vitamin c or haloxyl.

No comments:

Post a Comment